Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break

Spring break is here. It is quite a relief as most of you know. Last week was a long one with tests and assignments and waiting for 3:30 on friday to get here. I don't have any great, exciting plans for traveling anywhere special this year. I had tried to go to Colorado this year but most of my friends had prior commitments or different spring break times which was a bummer. However, I am going to spend a few days in Wichita with Brett since Hannah will be spending a few days of her break at home. After that I will join my family in Ark City at my uncle Jay's cabin and spend four days on the pond fishing, writing and just relaxing. I'm really hoping for rain the whole time I am down there. I can't think of anything better than sitting on the porch with a book or some blank paper and just enjoying the smell and sound of country rain.

Today has been a fun day. I spent the morning with my family making cookies and watching some basketball. I decided that I would go help The Beb's tear down part of Opossum Lodge since it sounded like a fun time. There's just something so great about taking a sledge hammer to a wall or chimney. If you have never tried it I suggest you do it. It was quite a dirty job with blown insulation blowing everywhere but getting sweaty and dirty is part of the fun. It was also fun to get attacked by a bat. It was pretty funny to see play out. Well, that will be it for now. Goodnight readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment