Monday, March 21, 2011

#Jousting

"Shotgun!"
"Joust!"

Those are the first words you hear out of my mouth whenever I am with my friends and we are all in the same vehicle. Everyone wants to ride shotgun instead of in the back. More leg room, better view, control of the functions of the car. It is much better than the cramped back seat. The goal is to get out the Joust part before the other person can yell No Joust. Simple rules. If the person yelling Joust gets it out in time then a game of PRS will be played, called jousting. The winner, two out of three games, gets the front seat. The loser, gets to ride in the back. It's a way of life.

However, the sport of jousting is much more extreme than a game of Paper, Rock, Scissors to see who gets to sit up front in the car. Jousting looks awesome. I would never do it but I would go watch any day of the week. If one of those guys hit me with a lance I would probably be dead. Every time one of those guys falls off his horse they look dead. I can understand why. Those people, especially the ex-Navy Seal look crazy and scary. I hope everyone enjoyed the video. I saw it on ESPN about a month ago and loved it.

Also I was told to give my odds that our friend Tyler Baxter shows up to Brett's bachelor party since he told Craig he was excited to go and see all of us. I give it a million to one odds that he shows up. He hasn't answered my phone call or text in three years so I think it's safe to say that he won't be coming to Oklahoma with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment