Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ad Astra Per Aspera

The new Abandon Kansas album "Ad Astra Per Aspera" has been playing with me since I got it off Amazon on sunday night. I can't describe how good it is. It has signaled such growth and maturation from the guys that sometimes they don't even seem like the same band that wrote "You Build A Wall, I'll Build A Ladder." I thought I would post some of my favorite lyrics off the album that just hit me where I need to be hit. It's an album that was totally unexpected, but expected at the same time. Well done Jeremy, Brad, Brian and Chet.

My indifference and your denial, Even when I am gone you're stringing me along. -Like It or Not

I can tell your heart is a forrest, And it hasn't rained here in years, Then I came around and the whole place caught on fire. -The Golden State

We'll paint the sunset our own shade tonight, whatever color you like, I've never seen a moon that shined so bright, color to my ears, music to my eyes. -A Conversation With The Sky

I've cursed at the sky 'til I can't feel my lungs, Then somewhere in the distance a wave of sound rings, melodies I've never heard, but somehow I know all the words, And I can't help but sing -Where Else Can We Go?

Loneliness is loose upon our land, The leprosy of modern man -Take My Lead

How can I fly when I wasn't given wings? All you gave me was a fear of heights, but if something doesn't change now, if things keep going on this way, I'll run, run away -Wings (Fear of Heights)

Living the dream ain't so dreamy darlin' living the dream ain't me, cause I can't kill this animal between my ears, and I can't stop feeding it what I've fed it for years -Give and Take

Am I more than the things that I have and haven't done? How do we undo what's already been done? With nothing to stand on we fall, we've been falling before we first stood up -Give and Take

No comments:

Post a Comment