Sunday, March 6, 2011

Music of Emporia State

Two entries in two days. Road trips do that to me I guess. As I said before, I was in Emporia and Lawrence this weekend and both are places that I enjoy for different reasons. This post is about music which of course is something that I love. There are certain songs that just take you back and since I was making a road trip to a place I don't get to often enough I decided to listen to some old tunes that I haven't had in my life in a long time.

Suspension by Mae is a song that I always used to listen to when I was going to school down there. I can remember driving my car around talking to Becca on the phone while she was two hours away or talking to Craig because the song just fit how we felt about girls.

Jaded (These Years) by Mest was another song that just fit. It talks about not having regrets about the years spent being young and reckless. I guess that sums up my years going to ESU. It reminds me of my besties and all the fun times we had staying up late, drinking and driving through the country.

Keg In The Closet by Kenny Chesney is the final song that really reminds me of that time in my life. Of course it just applies to the times at Sig Pi because the song is about having a secret keg because it's illegal to have them at frats. Lots of good memories and dancing took place there.

Those are the songs that I listened to on the way down to and around the town of Emporia. There were more, mostly by those same artists, but it was a good reminder of times that I will never forget with people I still love to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment