Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Push and Pull

Two years and 5 months. 880 days. Give or take a few. That was the last time I was in a relationship (and no, I didn't know that, I had to go back and add it up). This isn't a big deal to me. In fact, most of the time I love being single. I can spend my time and money with my friends and don't have to worry about saving some for special weekends or stretch myself too thin on the time I have for school work. I can talk to all my friends who are girls without having to worry about jealousy or watching what I say and how flirty I am. As sexist as it is, I can look at a beautiful girls when I see them. No one will slap me for it or not talk to me for 2 days for it.

That being said, there are days or times that I just get a yearning for wanting to date someone. Someone who I can go see, have a deep connection with, that I can get a hug from. There's really nothing like having a girlfriend who compliments your life. No one can complete my life, I do that myself but finding someone who can just make it better and make adventures more fun is something that cannot be replaced by friends.

There's that push of not wanting to be tied down or have the responsibility of having to call someone and stay in touch and make sure they are having a good day and the pull of having all of those things on your plate. Having someone there when you are having a bad day is just a nice thought. Brock and I always see girls at the rec center and just think gosh it would be nice to be able to go out to the movies with her or go have dinner with her.

These thoughts don't ever weigh on me or stay with me too much. The nights I am sitting here by myself and have girls text me are the other times that I feel like having a girlfriend would be nice.

Rambling. That's all this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment