Thursday, July 7, 2011

26 and Counting

It has been another year of getting older, feeling older and yet acting and being young. Tonight was a good night with time spent swimming with Brock and Dane and having a country cruise with Brock talking about life and music. I had a bunch of thoughts the other night but I didn't write them down or anything as they seemed like passing thoughts. Brock asked me how it feels to get older and turn 26. It really doesn't feel any different but it does at the same time. It's a weird feeling really. I guess it has more to do with the fact that I'm 26, still in school and living at home. It's not exactly the place I thought I would be at in my life right now. I know growing up we all have these grand visions of success and happiness in our lives. The vision changes for different people but they all include being happy. And not living with our parents.

That last paragraph makes it sound like I am not happy. That is simply not the case. As I was telling Brock, I don't think that I have ever been happier. It took a few years to get back to my vision of happiness and success. If not for a few wayward steps I would not have met so many great people. Brock, Christy, Dane, Emily, Abby, and so many others I am sure I'm forgetting. I would not have re-discovered my love of music and playing music. If it weren't for meeting Brock and Dane I would not have picked up my bass guitar again. Just because of that I am thankful for coming back.

Where did you/do you envision yourself at the age of 26? It's probably not where you will end up but I truly hope that you are as happy as I am now. While there is always something to build on, always something to bitch about, always something that you can change, remember that it's the simple things that make life worth living.

Currently Listening To: See You Soon by Coldplay

Cause in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
I'll be doing my best, and I'll see you soon
In a telescope lens, when all you want is friends
I'll see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment