Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dancing Under The Moonlight

I should be in bed because I have to be up in 6 hours doing more yard work. I enjoy being outside and working on all these projects with my Dad but it is just killing me. The heat got to me yesterday but it's just very strenuous work to be honest and I don't get enough sleep to counter-act that. But at least our back yard is starting to look fabulous.

The other day I was thinking about what my "perfect" date would be. I'm not sure how I got on the subject but I was there. It's hard because after thinking about the topic my response was, "Well, it depends on who I am taking out and what they enjoy." Movies are just a bad choice all around. For us grown ups, a place that allows conversation is needed. If my date and I had a similar interest in a museum or in a place where you can walk and talk and there are things to spur conversation, that would be a good start. Mass Street in Lawrence is a good walk as well. The night would probably end at a coffee house maybe for a drink. Obviously this would work for a first date but I think that is a good start.

Another thing I that got my mind going tonight was a tweet that someone had Re-Tweeted. It said, "Future wife or girlfriend: we will be singing lots of Civil Wars together/to each other - along with dancing under the moonlight." I just thought, wow, I would love to say that to my future significant other. Because I hope the person I am with is thinking the same thing. Do you ever wonder if you have met the person you are going to marry? This is one of those hypotheticals that my friends and I ask from time to time. Almost everyone says no, or I don't think so (unless they are married or engaged). I always respond with I'm not sure. It's easy to assume that every girl I have met and am friends with is not interested in dating because I am still single. I could see myself dating at least 4 of my friends and I know that they will make great wives/mothers. So I can't bring myself to say no, I haven't met that person I will marry. You just never know. Ask Dane how persistence worked for him.

I am sure I could continue on a rant about girls, about dating, about lots of things but I often wonder if it's worth the time. Probably not. With Love, Ian

"And all these demons, they keep me up all night."

No comments:

Post a Comment