Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacay, Day 1

Day 1 of vacation is thankfully over! It was a day full of driving, stopping, driving, battling Denver rush hour (which I usually don't mind but we took the long way through downtown Denver) and finally watching my Mom spend two hours in the Eddie Bauer Outlet store. The best part of the day was the epic lightning storm we had last night. The news said there were over 9,000 strikes of lightning in the Denver Metro area within thirty minutes. It was insane. And Beautiful.

Today will be a another day of driving but it will be spent driving up into the mountains and past all the beautiful lakes and streams, past all the old mining towns, past all the meadows full of big elk and meece (moose). It is my favorite part of vacation. The sun roof will be down and the jackets will be on for the 50 degrees going up Berthoud Pass.

However, this morning I spent a little while setting up my new Google+ account. It looks pretty sweet and, while it may not overtake Facebook, it will make people get another account or at least think twice about tha 'Book. It reminds me of when I first got Facebook because not everyone was allowed to back then. It was strictly college kids who went to a college that paid for Facebook. It was such a cool thing back then! Now my 11-year-old cousins have it because they can lie about their age. Stupid but addicting. That is all for now. My next post will come while I am...in the mountains. And yes, I will add that to every post/activity/tweet I send in the next 5 days. Enjoy!

P.S. My favorite part of the mountains is opening bottles such as shampoo and contact solution after going up altitude changes. EXPLODE!

No comments:

Post a Comment