Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacay Day 4

Today was by far the most interesting day of vacation. We went on another hike up the Tonahutu Trail in Rocky Mountain National Park to start the day. It was a trail that I hadn't hiked in years and, while pretty boring, it was a beautiful trail to hike again. After that we took my Grandma up to the Grand Lake Lodge which had been closed for a few years until new owners were found. We made it about halfway up before we had to turn around because Mimi couldn't handle it. They have clear-cut all the dead pine trees away from the road because of the possibility they would fall on the road. If you haven't ever heard about the death of the pine trees in Colorado you should look into it. It's sad, especially for families like mine. Mimi cried so much because of the devastation. It was just too much for her to handle.

My family helped cook dinner tonight and that was a fun time. We all sat outside and enjoyed the evening. I took the kids to play putt-putt which was an interesting time. The kids were a handful and it took a lot of patience to keep everyone in line. Much like a classroom. Andy, Sherri and Erik all got here tonight which was great. They are the people I miss the most because of the distance. I wish I could see them more often than two or three times a year. Andy, Mike, JD, Ryan and I went to the bars and had some drinks and told some great stories. Andy, Ryan and I stayed after everyone and talked about life and raising kids and living a good life. It was a great night. I love my family so much. I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world.

Currently Listening To: Up All Night by Blink 182

No comments:

Post a Comment