Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacay Day 3

Today was a sunny and perfect day. The weather was just warm enough to not need a jacket but everyone who spent time on the beach just walked back with a nice sunburn. This morning we hiked the East Inlet Trail up to Adam's Falls and the big meadow. This is a trail we have hiked every year we have been here. There is a marker where all of the grandkids posed for pictures and I can remember most of the kids in the picture this year as babies. It's crazy how time flys. I took a nap during the afternoon while everyone went shopping since I had gone yesterday and it was nice. I spent some time down at the beach watching the kids build sandcastles and watched people taking sailboating classes. It got cloudy this afternoon so I'm hoping a quick shower is heading through. I love the rain smell here.

One of my favorite stories from yesterday was from the fishing trip most of the kids took. My Dad had snagged a trout that was, as he described, the biggest damn trout he had ever had on his line. Now, my father has been coming to Grand Lake for well over 30 years so that is saying something. My Dad was trying to keep from tangling his line with Peyton's as my cousin Ryan was trying to grab a net to catch the fish. My uncle JD was yelling at someone to "man-up" and get into the water to catch the damn fish when it got into the shallow water and got enough slack on the line to get free. Ryan is an avid fisherman and was pissed that a fish that big got away. Visibly pissed for the rest of the night. That just doesn't happen with him around. My uncle JD was giving him shit, telling him he thought he let the fish get free because it was bigger than anything he had caught so far. He also teased him about school, telling him "Aren't you going to Hayden (Topeka) next year?" It was agreat story that was re-told over supper and had everyone laughing, except Ryan. He got over it though and caught some decent trout today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week.
The Adam's Falls Marker
The Big Meadow, it's really flooded this year so we couldn't get out into it and take our yearly picture on the old fallen tree.

Currently Listening To: Re: Stacks by Bon Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment