Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tangled Up In....What?

Summertime is one in which there is plenty of downtime in my life. This summer there has been more of it because of my lack of job, although working for the parents does give me plenty to do. One theme that runs through every summer of mine, and for others I know this is also true, is love. Or in most cases lack thereof. It's something Brock and I talked at length about last summer while working and it was a way, albeit not the best way, to pass the time. Why is it that whenever summer rolls around there's always this feeling of wanting someone more than other seasons? Is it because it's wedding seasons? Because there's more time to go out and do fun things? Who knows but this summer is like all the rest. It has been a feeling I can get rid of quickly usually but because my best friend just got married and a few of my other close friends are set to be wed it is a feeling that comes around more often than not. That's why we have the phrase #FriskySummerLoving for twitter.

One song that really makes me wonder about love is Tangled Up In You by Aaron Lewis. It was played at Brett's wedding and I had a wonderful dance to it with a wonderful person. It is a song that I would love to dance to at my wedding but it really makes me think about what I am missing. I'm not stuck on an ex-girlfriend or missing one or anything like that. What I am tangled up in is that feeling of love. If you have never experienced that feeling of love or lust, of wanting to spend every minute with someone then you are truly missing out. It is one of the greatest feelings in the world. And that makes it harder to obtain and keep than most feelings. To some it's probably like a drug, always looking for that euphoria of being wanted and of being needed. I believe that deep down everyone wants to find love and I am no different. I would be so happy if I had someone that I loved. I am a hopeless romantic, sometimes to a fault. I believe in true happiness and one day I will find it.

Ramblings during a late night blog session. These are the things I think about late at night while everyone else is getting their sleep ready to embark on another meaningful day. Sometimes I feel inspired while others, like tonight, I just dwell on the things that I cannot control.

Re: Stacks by Bon Iver says it best: I keep throwing down two-hundred at a time, It's hard to find it when you knew it, When you're money's gone and you're drunk as hell.

It's hard to find love again once you knew it. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment