Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vox

I love to sing. Most people know this for a fact. Music is one of my passions and there is nothing better than singing along to a song that means a lot to you. I have recently been allowed to sing more and more with when my "band" has shows to play. July 4th we are playing at the fair grounds again and for the first time ever my vocals will play an integral part of two songs. I mean in a huge way. I'm nervous as crap. It's never a big deal when I'm singing in the car with friends or when I'm just being an idiot on a road trip. However, it's entirely different when singing in front of people and having to sing loud. It takes a lot of focus and I never really understood that. Playing along to a song and singing is also a big thing. Hitting my vocal notes and bass notes takes practice and lots of it. I'm hoping our show goes well, which it should. But I am really enjoying being told that I can sing well enough to do it in front of others. For years I was told by certain people that I shouldn't sing in the car because I sucked at it so when people tell me, "Hey, good job. I enjoyed that harmony," I get a wonderful feeling of joy. Thank you if you have complimented me recently. It means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment