Monday, October 26, 2009

That Old Blue Chair

Yes, I know. It's been awhile since I've last updated. I get busy. My bad blogspot, I promise to work on our relationship. On to important things. This upcoming weekend is homecoming weekend in Emporia. Before 2 days ago it had been may since I had been back. I had so many feelings and thoughts being back and it was kind of hard to take it all in. That town had been my home for 4 long years. I found so many friendships there and had so many great memories. My time there ended on a sour note when I moved back home but like most things in your life, they happen out of necessity.
Saturday was the 1-year anniversary of the day I moved home and started working on the toxins in my life. I am looking forward to seeing my old friends again and going to the bar that helped get us through years of school. It means so much to me that my friends are there for me and we're celebrating Halloween the way we try to always do things: together. We are truely a "Tri-pod." I've leaned on my friends hard at times in the past and they have always come through. I've always tried to be the sturdy leg but sometimes you just fail. Epic. We've had some great times running the streets of Emporia, KS. I have a feeling this upcoming weekend will live up to our expectations.
I've been on the road a lot the last seven days. I went up to Lawrence to visit Craig and go trail riding. It was nice to have a long talk with him about stuff we had on our minds. The trails were just amazing. The adrenaline was flowing. I hadn't had that type of workout in over five months. Any time you need a helmet to ride, it's surely going to be a good time. I'm becoming friends with the people up there. Then it was off to Emporia friday to work on the costumes for next weekend. That was a long two days. Little sleep, little arguments, lots of thinking. It was quite the mentally draining experience. But the costumes are looking amazing. We had better win every competition we enter. We look that good. I then headed to Lawrence sunday night. We had planned to see a movie or something fun but we just ended up chillin' at Craig and Morgan's. That was low-key but relaxing. Craig and I mutually decided not to ride bikes in the morning and I headed home.
There is just something peaceful and mind-easing about a rainy drive home. Not a downpour but just a drizzle. The time in a car when I'm all by myself allows me time to re-group and re-think my priorities and how I feel about things. I needed the extra time this weekend. I've had a lot on my mind lately. Lucky for me I have friends and a full tank of gas.

"I've read a lot of books, Wrote a few songs, Looked at my life where it's goin,where it's gone....Nothing compares to the way that I see it when I sit inthat old blue chair."

My car is my old blue chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment