Monday, October 19, 2009

Sex God (Chapt. 2)

I have finally gotten around to finishing the book Sex God by Rob Bell. The book is about "Exploring the endless connections between sexuality and spirituality." So far it's been great. I am past chapter 2 but I am going to write reactions the day after I read a chapter so that it can sink in and give me thoughts to write about. However, one passage in particular from the second chapter, entitled "Sexy on the Inside" has stuck with me. Here's what I found the most interesting:
"Music is powerful because it is sexual. It connects us. We generally don't think of it in those terms, but it's true. The experience of a great concert - with everybody singing together, waving their hands in the air, and a feeling of oneness permeating the room - has a significant sexual dimension to it. We don't know each other........but for an evening, we gather around this artist and these songs and we get along. The experience moves us so deeply because it taps into how things were meant to be."
This book has given me a new definition of "sexual" and it has opened up my thoughts about the way I've viewed a lot of things in my life. I will give my thoughts on chapter 3, "Angels and Animals" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment