Saturday, October 17, 2009

Evolution on Facebook

Wow, 2 posts this close together? What's up is what you may be asking yourself, if you even read this. For starters, I am listening to the new Cartel cd via Twitter. I think it is so cool technology has allowed us to do this. Also, the cd is very good. I thought their last cd was good too but not many others did. I still love "Chroma" the best though but this may grow on me and pass it.

Once again, I love technology. Facebook, Twitter, they are all great. Some things just should be left off them in my opinion though. I don't take sides in the evolution v. creation debate even though I have my own opinions. I'm the same way with politics. I have my opinions and I keep them to myself. So when people try and argue with me or post stuff on their Facebook status that's a quick way for me to delete you. I would much rather you keep your opinions to yourself when it's on the internet. I don't mind having an intellectual conversation with someone as to why they believe in what they do and why they believe that. I love having friends on either side of the lines. But that is private stuff in my mind. So Craig, post that stuff if you want. Be a dick because I think someone putting this on Facebook:
"You want proof evolution is bull crap...take a look at the anatomy of the shoulder and tell me that was formed from a pile of goo. ME + 1, Evolutionists -300 billion give or take a few" deserves someone to call it.
Why would you put that on Facebook unless you want people to go ahead and put this:
"shoulder? how about something even more complicated, the eye for instance? That so called "goo" could refer to a group of organisms known as euglena, which are single cell eukaryotes capable of sensing and responding to light. Follow that light sensing system to a more developed system in organisms such as snails, and further more to vertebrates and the development of lens and color filtering mechanisms. Vertebrates have a wide range of eyes with which these attributes vary and have allowed some organisms to develop advantages over their prey...In addition to the development of these systems as a hint of the evolutionary process, the eye with which we visualize our world is far from efficient. The lens of the eye inverts the image on to the retina which converts this inverted image to the central nervous system where it is again inverted back to the correct orientation. Why would a superior being with the capabilities of creationism not create a system, not one without imperfections, but at least one more efficient."

My last part of this entry is about my tweet last night. It posted lyrics from the song "Suspension" by Mae. It has long been my song that I listen to when I like someone. It's just that kinda song. I don't really like anyone at this point in time but I put those up because I was with someone last night and it just reminded me of that feeling. This is a person who has been a family friend for quite some time and is someone with whom my mom has tried to get me to date in the past. However I am not quite "churchy" enough for this girl, according to her mom at least. So I put up the lyrics because at that point in time I had some sort of feelings for this girl (whom is very beautiful and smart, and very quiet). I miss that feeling of excitement and rush of attraction.

So here's a word to contemplate and for you all to say to friends, family and significant others. Let them know how you feel.

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment