Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009 pt. 1

Most of you know how absolutely excited my friends and I were for this weekend ever since we decided what we wanted to be for Halloween. That, of course, was LEGO Batman characters. We spent more time on these than I've spent on a lot of things in my life. And they turned out amazing. Our costumes were probably the coolest costume I've ever seen. But let's go back to the beginning of the weekend because it was just all so much fun.
Friday: I left Wichita around noon for Tulsa, OK for the David Crowder Band concert. I had to drive most of the way there since Kaleb couldn't go and Elli took his ticket but it was such a beautiful day out that it was refreshing to listen to Crowder and think about things. After some great shopping at the mall we found we headed to the show. I was completely surprised by the venue it was at. Cain's Ballroom was very similar to The Cotillion in Wichita, which means that we were standing the entire time. It was such a good show. Both the opening bands were just really amazing and put on some good performances. Crowder was just awe-inspiring. They were even better than I had heard, if that was possible. Christy was right when she said a DC*B show is a different kind of show.

After the show I left Tulsa for Emporia. It was a 3.5 hour drive that seem just surreal. The sun roof was open and the stars were just brilliant. I had some new cd's that I burned for my trip so I didn't have to use my iPod the whole time. I fell in love with The Avett Brothers cd. It's just a solid cd with great tunes. I rolled into town right as everyone was getting done with Jimmie Johns. We hung out for a couple hours and then hit the sack.

We decided to tailgate saturday afternoon for the homecoming game. It was great to hang out with Joe, Wil, Jessica, Derek and everyone else who I hadn't seen in ages. I miss a lot of my friends from ESU and don't get to see most of them enough. I guess that's life though.

I'm going to head out for awhile and when I return, I will finish the crazy tale of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment