Friday, November 27, 2009

Sex God. Chapter 8

I'm trying to finish off these books that I've borrowed from Christy and Dane and I decided to just finish Sex God. In chapter 8 I came across a passage that I struck me and I wanted to share it.

"We want someone to see us exactly as we are and still love us.

It's terrifying to let people see who we really are. To see the darkness in our hearts, our bad habits, all of the things we've done in the past that we regret. Our biases, our shortcomings, the things we aren't good at.

Being naked is terrifying.

What would it be like to be with someone who loves you exactly as you are?"

This is a moving passage to me. I think to myself, how many people truly know who I am? Hope many people can answer these question about me? I realize that this passage is talking about marriage and being "naked" with your partner and I guess that's the idea. There are only two people in this world who have seem me in this raw emotional state and while those two are the closest people to me in this world, I want someone else to see this side of me. Here is one last passage to think about.

"But opening up your soul to someone, letting them into your spirit
And thoughts
And fears
And future
And hopes
And dreams...
That is being naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment