Sunday, September 11, 2011

Honda Civic Tour

So Friday night I got to experience my first Blink 182 concert in a decade. It was actually much better than I expected it to be. The performance, for the most part, was much better than stories of their past performances. They were known to be a band that never practiced and that it translated very badly live. While I'm not always fond of how Tom DeLonge sings parts, they played well and the banter was typical Blink. I laughed a lot. The crowd was very rough, especially for My Chemical Romance. I'm not one to bitch much but getting smashed around like we did wasn't always fun. I had to tell a girl that I would punch her in the face because she was kicking me in the back of the knees to try and get around me. Sorry honey, there wasn't any room there. I got some cool items to bring back with me including a hat, sunglasses and a laminated No Moshing sign. All in all I had a blast with Brett and Craig even though we spent most of the show apart. Here's a song from the show. It's not my favorite because it is one where I don't enjoy Tom's liberties with the singing but I loved the laser show and the fact that Mark Hoppus played with a capo on his bass (I assume it's because he plays so many chords so he can't just move up the neck like normal).


Saturday I went to Joe and Anne Marie's wedding shower in Emporia. It was my first wedding shower, and hopefully my last. While I enjoyed seeing my friends I found it quite boring. I spent the rest of the day/night hanging out with Emily, which was an awesome time. I must have been tired from a long last week and weekend because I came home and slept for 5 hours off and on throughout the day. I need to do a better job of getting to sleep at a decent time now that my weeks are filling up with more extracurricular activities. This wasn't really a great entry and I had hoped to write about a different topic but I will save that for tomorrow possibly. Goodnight peeps and God Bless.

P.S. I really need to thank Emily for showing me how to add a video to my entries. That will be much more convenient than just linking everything in.

No comments:

Post a Comment