Saturday, September 24, 2011

Camping at Hammock Point

I just got back home from Fall Conference for Christian Challenge and I cannot describe the joy in my heart. It was an incredible two days of worship and ministry that has given me such a great outlook on life. I walked in there nervous to meet new people and hear messages that could be hard to hear but I walked out feeling like I am finally on the right path. The speaker for the weekend was a man with whom everyone seemed to just be drawn to. He had a way of relating stories to our lives, which isn't always easy, and making us laugh right when we were feeling our most vulnerable. The two workshops that I went to really set the standards of how I want to go about setting my life up. The main message that hit home for me was Psalm 23. If you don't know it, please go read it. The relationship of the shepherd and his sheep really built up my understanding of the message and gave me a clear view of my relationship with Jesus. I am one who wanders and it was important to hear that. Understanding where you are faulty is the best way to fix what is broken.

I didn't really meet many new people because I found it hard to really connect with people who weren't in my LIFE Group or in my campus small group. Challenge is really "click-y," like most situations like that. However, the women in my campus group were awesome and I wish we had more time to talk and help each other on our walk. I'm glad we all felt like swapping information so that we can continue keeping up with each other. And ladies, if you are reading this, I added you right away because you are all awesome and so helpful.

I will end this post with a verse that has really been on my heart this past week, especially after this weekend. The song is called "While We Sing" off the new Leeland album. The song is fantastic and builds up to this bridge that just gets me going.

"Church arise, arise and shine, shake yourself from the dust, God is calling you to go."


No comments:

Post a Comment