Friday, November 18, 2011

Restless

I've been laying in bed now for quite some time trying to fall asleep but it hasn't happened. I find that many nights I lay in bed and feel restless. Do you ever feel that way? I've always been that way I think, fidgety at night time when I'm trying to sleep. I always have thoughts and ideas going round and round up there and I wish it wouldn't happen. I would rather just lay down and fall asleep.

Lately I have noticed just how restless I have become. It seems that no matter what happens I cannot just be calm about things. I am always trying to figure out answers to the questions that I have and it isn't a good thing. I wouldn't say that it causes stress but it does cause a lot of sleepless nights or a lot of wasted time. I need to become better at just relaxing and not worrying about things out of my control. I don't need to answer every question or even to ask most of them. All I should do is worry about things and relationships that I can control because that is what should be important. I shouldn't worry about where I will find love, what I will do this summer, what people think of me. None of it matters.

Thursday at Challenge one of the girls shared a story before the song "Divine Invitation" was played that just spoke to exactly what I have been talking about. It was just amazing how she could have been speaking face to face with me at that moment. The song was just what I needed to hear this week because I think this break from school will be a perfect time to work on the restlessness I feel.

"We are all here to find the place where our restless souls will be free."

No comments:

Post a Comment