Saturday, October 1, 2011

Struggle

Tonight has been a night of struggle for me. It has been hard because I saw someone today for the first time in a couple of years and, while I had never forgotten how much they meant to me, I had pretty much given up on them. It's a sad thing when you give up on someone that you once considered one of your very best friends. It takes a lot for me to give up on a friend and I'm not sure that I have given up on anyone else in my life. That is why tonight has been a struggle. How can I consider myself a truly great friend if I give up on someone? Shouldn't I always try to get through to them, no matter what it takes? Shouldn't I always let them know that they can always tell me what is going on in their life, no matter how bad it is?

Tyler,
I know that what you did was for the best, at least for you. But what hurt so much was the fact that you never just told us. I expected more from my best friend. After all these years and all I want is an explanation. Is that too much to ask from someone who you were so close to? I guess for some people it is too much to ask. Maybe I gave up on you because you had given up on us, and yourself. That doesn't make seeing you any less painful. At least act like you ditched us 5 years ago, that you never returned a call or made an effort to visit us. I forgive you, I will never stop believing in you or being your friend, but please, just give me an explanation. I just want my friend back after all these years.

Now Playing: Hide Away by Ben Rector

No comments:

Post a Comment