Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Was A Teenage Anarchist

No pop, no pop, no pop, no pop, no pop, no pop, no pop, no pop. Those words have been in my head since the clock struck midnight and rang in the new year. I have to admit right now it has been pretty easy. I haven't had any big cravings or head aches to speak of and water has tasted pretty darn good. When I'm tired of that I'll have a G2 and that breaks it up just enough. I have also worked out four days in a row and it feels pretty good. The other day I went to the Rec at K-State and played raquetball with Brock and Dane and it was a great workout. Hopefully I can keep up the motivation to be healthy.

Tonight I went out to the track at 9:45 to do just some light running, just to get out of the house and burn some calories. I did some short sprints that we linemen like to call "Get Offs" and after that I ran a mile and a half. While I was doing this a song by Against Me! came on called "I was a teenage anarchist." It has a great line in it that goes "Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?" I love it. I had to put the song on repeat because it is a great line to think about late at night when you're all by yourself.

For some, like myself, we're still young enough to chase our dreams and still have the opportunity to decide what we what to choose for a career. At the same time I can still remember that time, just out of high school when I had lots of ambition and thought I knew what I wanted to do. I can laugh about it now because I have been able to grow out of my anarchist phase and have grown up a lot since that time. It feels great to be able to reflect on all the places I have been in my life because it's been a wild ride, one that I never thought I would have traveled. I couldn't have done it without my friends, all of you are wonderful. I will never be able to express that enough, I guess just by thanking you on here is more than most people will do. I lead a blessed life and I try to keep the complaining at a minimum because really, who am I to judge others and how we're all treated. I will keep trying to give people a reason to believe and hopefully they will enjoy the traveling with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment