Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another year in the books

2010 is now in the rearview. As someone stated today on Facebook, "I remember 2010 like it was yesterday." I can't say it was a bad year by any measure. It may not have been what I had planned for it to be but it was still a year to remember. It was a big deal to me to get back into school and this year was the time. Two of my best friends got engaged and that was such a great feeling. I cannot express how excited I am for their weddings. Brett has asked me to be his best man and it is such an honor that I hope to one day reciprocate.
That brings me to my "resolutions" for the upcoming year. I don't like to call them that, more like goals or things I need to work on. My weight has always been a struggle of mine and I hope to get it more under control this year. After consulting with Brett and Brock and Dane we have all decided to try and live a little healthier this year and lose some weight in time for Brett's wedding in June. Today was the first day of many without pop. It will be a victory if I can work that out of my diet for extended periods of time.
Another goal of mine is to go to church more. I realize that by playing at Dane's church more that I will accomplish my goal but I would like to go for more than that. There are many other goals that I would like to accomplish but they are a tad more personal. Hopefully I can report back that I succeeded in working on my faults.
Last year was full of wonderful memories with great people. I met a great deal of new friends and had a great time living my life. Thank you to all who helped me get through all 365 days of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment