Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Terrible Things

I heard this song today by Mayday Parade that is off their new EP Valdosta and I decided it was probably my favorite song they have written. It is a very sad song about a father talking to his son about his mother, about life and love. But dang is it good.


By the time I was your age I'd give anything
To fall in love truly was all I could think
That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams
The most beautiful woman that I'd ever seen

She said boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I can't help but notice you staring at me
I know I shouldn't say this but I really believe
I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me

But son I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things

Now most of the time we'd have too much to drink
And we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything
Too young to notice and too dumb to care
Love was the story that couldn't compare

I said girl can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I made you a present with paper and string
Open with care, now I'm asking you please
You know that I love you, will you marry me?

Now son I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things
You'll learn one day I hope and I pray
That God shows you differently

She said boy can I tell you a terrible thing?
It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks
Please don't be sad now I really believe
You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me

Slow, so slow, I fell to the ground on my knees

So don't fall in love there's just too much to lose
If you're given the choice then I'm begging you choose
To walk away, walk away don't let it get you
I can't bare to see the same happen to you

Now son I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things

No comments:

Post a Comment