Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Perfect Woman

My attempt in this blog is to try and write an entry every day or at least every other day. I know there will be times that I fail to keep up when my life gets buys, so just on the weekends. However, during the week I am usually free. Tonight I decided to pick a topic that takes some thought and I'm not sure where I got this topic from but it has been rattling in my brain for a week or so. I wanted to try and answer what my perfect woman would be like. I will attempt to answer this question as best that I can. Here we go....

I must start with the things in my life that mean the most to me. One thing that didn't work out in my favor in my last relationship was our differing views on music. This didn't seem like a huge deal but I found out that it is a huge deal. The spectrum of music that I enjoy is about as wide as anyone that I know. I listen to everything and have certain mood music that I just have to listen to sometimes. I need a gal who can listen to many different genres of music and who loves to go to concerts, both big and small. I would prefer someone who is into more alternative and indie music because most of the time that's what I listen to. Country is fine, pop is fine, rock is fine. Rap, eh. Maybe. I enjoy to dance and sing. I would love to date a woman who is the same way!

Many of you may have noticed, but I can be very introverted at times. I do love going out with friends and going out on the town to the movies or shopping. It's always a fun thing to do. However, I love to be alone and read, write, listen to music, nap, just chill sometimes. Finding an independent woman is pretty important to me. Someone who is logical and loves to read and write. If I can sit in a room and read and have a woman who can be in the same room reading would be awesome!

Sports are another thing that I love. I follow sports as closely as I follow music. It's just a part of my life. I don't need to be with someone who is a sports junkie by any means. If a woman can sit down and watch sports every once in awhile that is great. If they don't like sports as much as I do that is quite all right. We don't need to be playing on softball teams together, but going to sporting events is a fun thing to do every once in awhile.

I've gone through my life without a direction as far as what I wanted to do for the rest of life and most of you know that. As I start having a better grasp on that I can understand how not knowing what you want to do can strain a relationship. So knowing that, a woman who is passionate about whatever it is she wants to do is a must. I don't care about how much money she makes or the hours she keeps. As long as she is happy doing it then that's great. Sometimes the jobs that pay the least are the most satisfying.

Other than the things listed above there's not a definite yay or ney that I find a must. Of course finding someone you are attracted to is usually how things go. The more common things you have is usually better, but I also love to have someone who is interested in the things I'm not because it's fun to get into new things. I'm definitely not picky when it comes to hair, although I've always dated brunettes. That's just how the dice have landed so far. Oh and one last semi-important thing: if a woman can play with my hair I am sold. Or play the guitar.

1 comment:

  1. that's a cool list. i laugh, because music can make or break relationships. crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete