Monday, December 10, 2012

Simplicity

This past weekend I got to see Dane and Christy for the first time in just under a year.  It was amazing how it felt like they never left my side. Our conversations were focused on catching up on the wild ride that life has taken us all on the past year but it honestly felt like they never left. Dane, Brock, and I rode home from Kansas City together and had some man time.  Dane kept telling me how much he missed just hanging out with the guys and I knew exactly what he meant.

Right as we were pulling into Manhattan we turned on "Lover's Eyes" by Mumford and Sons. The great thing about my relationship with my friends is that we have a shared love of music. It is constantly talked about, especially with Brock and Dane. So we put on the song and sang our harmonies and just rocked out as people tend to do in minivans. I realized then it was the simple things I missed about having Dane and Christy around. I missed singing along to music or talking about music. We pulled up to the apartment as the song finished and it just felt normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment