Friday, August 12, 2011

The Vaccine

Brock and I were driving home from Wichita tonight after he bought his new guitar and it was a beautiful evening out. Just perfect. We played our upcoming setlist on the radio a couple times through and just sang. We put on other random stuff and eventually came to a song that I have been listening to a lot lately called "Fin Del Mundo" by Paper Mache. It is a song that I put on when I'm thinking about life. Brock wanted to hear a couple of their other songs and luckily he had them on his iPod because I had never heard them. The Vaccine was the first song he played for me because he knows about my love of acoustic music. The vocals are very rough and it doesn't flow like a smooth stream, more like rapids in the Rocky's but the message behind the song was very moving. I'll only give you a couple exerts from the song but check it out. It is a great song.

Many a kid might walk through your bar
Looking for God amongst the drunks and the whores
Give them the vaccine, girl
Help them believe, girl

And she said Love's the vaccine
Gives you a cold to kill your disease
And the hurt you feel is so temporary
Compared to Love, Love, Love
So just Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment