Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

So tomorrow is Valentine's Day, which is a pointless "holiday." I just read that people will spend upwards of $17 billion on gifts, dinner, and other things on their significant others. Why? Are there not enough designated holidays for gifts already? What's even worse is when people expect extravagant, out-of-this-world gifts. If anything, Valentine's Day should be a day of simple gifts that are personal. So what did Emily and I do for the day? We got each other simple gifts and spent the evening watching movies. Perfect! Many people asked me what I got her and when I responded that I got her screwdrivers, I could tell they wanted to just say "What the hell are you thinking?" (I got a lint roller) I was thinking that we don't need to spend money to show each other we enjoy each other's company. But I thought, what else could I do for Valentine's Day? Well Emily, here is another gift that will hopefully make you laugh at the silliness of "romance."

Gamble Chocolates and Antacid Hearts! (Skip to 3:42)


Bacon!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment