Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Beautiful Girl

So I haven't made an entry in quite awhile. 2 months to be exact. Sorry. No one reads this anyway. A lot has happened in the last two months of my life and I'm sure most of you know the details so I won't bore you with them. Lots of good with some bad. However, that's life. I'm usually an optimist. That may change when I go in tomorrow to pay taxes and tags on Riley. Boo. Today while at work I listened to a mix of Taking Back Sunday, Alkaline Trio, Brand New and some other stuff because Craig made it sound like a good thing, and it was. One particular song by Taking Back Sunday caught my attention, or at least the intro to their song Great Romances of the 20th Century. I've been meaning to post this spoken introduction for months. Seriously, it's been on my iPod list of blog ideas since Jan. 29th. So finally I will type it out for you. Think about it. It's a very true thing.

"A beautiful girl can make you dizzy, like you've been drinking Jack and Coke all morning. She can make you feel high, full of the single greatest commodity known to man: promise. Promise of a better day, promise of a greater hope, promise of a new tomorrow. This particular aura can be found in the gait of a beautiful girl. In her smile and in her soul, in the way she makes every rotten little thing about life seem like it's going to be okay."

1 comment:

  1. no one reads? not true. glad you're back ian, and although i haven't had the opportunity to read about your life on your blog, i'm glad i have gotten to experience a lot of it with you :)

    ReplyDelete