Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Countdown

I figured that knowing what day Emily is leaving for Austin would make it easier but I am finding that isn't exactly the case.  I can't imagine what it feels like for her, knowing that her life will be going through such a big change in twelve short days.  But it is also a big change for me.  I was telling Brett about it tonight and I think it finally sank in.  We have always had a distance relationship and it hasn't always been easy but we have made it work really well.  But Austin is on another level.  I am excited for her and excited for my chances to go visit a city like Austin because I love new experiences.  With that being said, it's still scary for both of us.  In twelve days I will not have the power to run to see Emily on the weekend if I want to, or run to see Emily if one of us is having a bad day.  Skype will keep us close and I think that will allow us to survive it.  

I never wanted another long distance relationship but I think that it has allowed Emily and I to become best friends over the last few years and for that I am very thankful.  We can really spend time together knowing that we are not taking each other for granted.  I may not always be the best at communicating, but I am confident that we can have a great relationship while we each finish out our schooling.  I think that is the beauty in my relationship with Emily, being best friends allows everything else to just fill in the blank spaces.  Loving her is easy to do.  

But knowing that the countdown has begun I am starting to be overwhelmed.  But that pales into comparison to how she feels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment