Saturday, January 21, 2012

Transition Period

I have been told many times this week that this semester is the start of a transition period in my life. Entering into Block A is supposed to signal to students that they are almost professionals and, therefore, need to start acting like one. We were told to start thinking about what we say, how we dress, what we tweet, what we blog about, start networking. Personally, It has felt like a transition period for me but probably not because of the same reasons for most people entering Block A. Most of my classmates are still around 21 and think about things 21-year-olds think about. They go out, they party, they have fun. I do that about twice a semester. I'm older and had my time being a 21-year-old.

I think this semester has felt like a transition period because I feel like I'm finally fitting in at college. I have loved my time at K-State and I enjoyed my time at Emporia State but I could never find a place where I felt comfortable. I feel like I am in the right major for me. I know more than one person in each class. In fact, I have at least 10 people in each class that I know and can talk to. There are at least 5 people that I have worked in groups with and know personally and that has made a huge difference in the comfort I feel walking into my classes.

It is a transition period for me and it feels great. I'm looking forward to this semester for many reasons. My life finally feels like I'm grown up. And that, my friends, has been a long time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment